Please Enable Cookies to Continue
Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized features of this site, including the ability to apply for a job.
We are helping to guide rail through times of great change. You can play a part in contributing to the rail industry through the many opportunities we offer. We value our staff, and we are committed to creating a workplace which is inclusive to everyone. We offer a great working environment which includes smart working, and you can expect to work with supportive colleagues. Furthermore, we offer a competitive benefits package to ensure you can achieve your best throughout your journey with us and a culture where you can expect autonomy, collaboration and expertise as well as brilliant opportunities for personal and professional development.
You can find detail of our current vacancies below. Click on the job title for more information and apply if you are interested.
As a member of the Disability Confident Scheme, we encourage candidates with disabilities who meet the minimum criteria, to apply for our jobs. If you have applied under the Disability Confident Scheme, please let us know in advance by emailing vacancies@RSSB.CO.UK.
If you require any reasonable adjustments including information in an alternative format, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
The system cannot access your location for 1 of 2 reasons:
- Permission to access your location has been denied. Please reload the page and allow the browser to access your location information.
- Your location information has yet to be received. Please wait a moment then hit [Search] again.
Click column header to sort
The role provides professional expertise to support RSSB’s delivery of standards and related projects where specialist knowledge of ETCS/ ERTMS operational technology, requirements and railway operating systems is required. You will lead engineering and operational specialists in:
- Developing requirements;
- Rationale and guidance for the railway system covering compatibility at European, national and route levels;
- Safe integration in support of the common safety method for risk evaluation and assessment (CSM RA) and;
- Railway operational technology, systems and data. Operational technology, systems and data includes variously the hardware, firmware, software, data such as railway signalling, ETCS/ERTMS systems, train control and protection systems, traffic management, SCADA, remote infrastructure monitoring and train running systems.
You will author new and revised publications and standards, including Railway Group Standards and Rail Industry Standards, and support the development of European and International standards (through collaboration with BSI, CEN, CENELEC, ISO and IEC).
The Emissions Specialist will support the research and embedding work led by RSSB, which underpins the GB rail industry’s air quality and decarbonisation ambitions. The post will specifically provide day to day support and lead aspects of the Stations Air Quality Monitoring Network (AQMN) for GB rail and support the development and delivery of other emissions related analysis and projects (air quality, decarbonisation and noise) at RSSB.
The role will lead DevOps activities as a Technical Leader, who will work across the Information Management and Technology (IM&T). Directorate to streamline the development lifecycle, improving productivity, delivery speed, and quality. The role will coordinate with IT operations, development, and engineering teams to identify and resolve pain points and inefficiencies in delivery and operations. The successful candidate will be a hands-on DevOps Engineer who is comfortable writing code and dealing with ambiguous operation issues.
The Commercial Procurement Manager is responsible for supporting RSSB stakeholders with all/any external contractual commitments. You will work alongside the other procurement team members, providing support and assistance and ensuring team and Directorate objectives are met.
You will support the Head of Procurement to deliver all requirements in the following key areas:
- The end to end Procurement process;
- Support the Business Development team with the commercial process; and
- Commissioning process of Grants received and the authorisation process of Grants to be let
You will identify value for money savings or income opportunities through:
- Timely and accurate management information;
- Planning, building and maintaining pre-defined stakeholder profiles and reviewing and supporting specifications;
- Operating compliant process across 3-12month horizon and;
- Bridging self-skills and development gaps.
RSSB are seeking an experienced Sitecore Developer, who will work as a developer in the Application Delivery team. The role will involve planning and developing of several Sitecore websites and system integrations following company code standards, best practices, and operational procedures.
The team has recently completed a Sitecore 10 upgrade which being is deployed to Azure Kubernetes. CI/CD and a blue/green deployment strategy are being implemented using Azure DevOps pipelines.